delonghi autentica - general warning light ?
Add Reply
Jethro_uk
2024-10-17 14:53:41 UTC
After replacing the infuser assembly (not the removable bit from the
side, but the bit behind the front panel) and having the machine work
fine for a few brews, it's now decided to play silly buggers.

Power it on, the temperature warning light flashes as normal. You can
hear the boiler heating. Then there are a couple of clicky relay-ish
noises and the "general warning" light appears (assuming this is the red
triangle on the panel) solid.

The machine doesn't try to move the removable infuser at all.

Manual suggests "machine is very dirty", which is isn't as I cleaned it
all out when I replaced the infuser.

There isn't a great deal I can find online (except for tons of made up AI
shit from Google and chums).

Anyone experienced this before ? I am vaguely wondering if some air has
got where it shouldn't have.

I replaced the infuser as the machine was starting to leak a little water
into the grounds tray. Which was fixed until this problem.
Andy Burns
2024-10-17 14:58:01 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
After replacing the infuser assembly (not the removable bit from the
side, but the bit behind the front panel) and having the machine work
fine for a few brews, it's now decided to play silly buggers.
Make sure the hot-water/steam "valve" is fully closed? open/close it a
time or two ...
Jethro_uk
2024-10-17 15:39:23 UTC
Post by Andy Burns
Post by Jethro_uk
After replacing the infuser assembly (not the removable bit from the
side, but the bit behind the front panel) and having the machine work
fine for a few brews, it's now decided to play silly buggers.
Make sure the hot-water/steam "valve" is fully closed? open/close it a
time or two ...
Done that.

Weirdly, if you leave the valve open before powering the machine on, it
"knows" and lights up the steam icon. Despite there being no electrics I
can see in the steam valve.
Andy Burns
2024-10-17 18:23:37 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Weirdly, if you leave the valve open before powering the machine on, it
"knows" and lights up the steam icon. Despite there being no electrics I
can see in the steam valve.
I've always assumed there's a switch in there to turn on the pump.

Not sure what you meant in the original message about "the infuser
assembly (not the removable bit)"? to me the infuser *is* the removable
bit, no?

The Natural Philosopher
2024-10-17 15:19:33 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
[...]
Tried descaling it?
--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."
"Think about Gay Marriage."
Jethro_uk
2024-10-17 15:43:40 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Post by Jethro_uk
[...]
It's regularly descaled.

And whatever this alert is, it's stopping the machine getting any
further. So I can't run the descale program.

If the machine failed to work after I changed the infuser, I'd think I'd
not replaced it correctly. But I got some brews out before this.

I'm a little suspicious that when I remove the tank, and refit it, there
isn't the usual slight bubbling from the outlet. Hence my wondering if
there is an unexpected airlock messing a sensor up somewhere.

Obviously when the machine is new there is an expected airlock, until the
circuit is primed.