OT: Yodel delivery failure
Add Reply
Davey
2024-10-17 08:35:30 UTC
I mentioned elsewhere Yodel's failure to deliver a package, due Mon.
14th. When I called them on Tuesday, they said it had been delayed, and
was now scheduled for today, Thursday 17th. Last night, Yodel's tracking
page was still saying it was due last Monday.

This morning, it still says the same, but when I follow its Journey.I
am told:

1. Parcel to be taken to a Yodel Store
12/10/24 11:32

2. Received at PETERS CONVENIENCE STORE NG7 5DU
12/10/24 11:32

3. Parcel collected by courier
12/10/24 11:42

4. Received into ALFRETON DEPOT
14/10/24 10:09

which tells me that it took nearly 48 hours to go from being collected
to reaching its local depot. Did the driver fall asleep?
And as am writing this, I receive a message saying that the parcel is
out for delivery. No suggestion of when it will arrive, though, it
could be as late as 9pm. Or tomorrow?

Ho hum.
Davey.
alan_m
2024-10-17 08:40:17 UTC
Post by Davey
[...]
That's Royal Mail in my area!
Davey
2024-10-17 08:47:57 UTC
On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 09:40:17 +0100
Post by alan_m
Post by Davey
[...]
Royal Mail has always been good here, until recently, and it has now
been deteriorating.
I get a weekly magazine on subscription, it is due on Saturday, it
usually arrives on Friday, for years.
Now, it arrives on Friday or Saturday 50% of the time, if I report it to
the magazine subscription dept. on Monday afternoon, it arrives
Tuesday, or if I report it on Tuesday, it arrives Wednesday.
Davey.
Peter Johnson
2024-10-17 13:03:35 UTC
Post by Davey
I mentioned elsewhere Yodel's failure to deliver a package, due Mon.
14th. When I called them on Tuesday, they said it had been delayed, and
was now scheduled for today, Thursday 17th. Last night, Yodel's tracking
page was still saying it was due last Monday.
Recent Yodel deliveries to me were actually delivered by Evri (ex
Hermes).
Davey
2024-10-17 16:31:59 UTC
On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 14:03:35 +0100
Post by Peter Johnson
Post by Davey
I mentioned elsewhere Yodel's failure to deliver a package, due Mon.
14th. When I called them on Tuesday, they said it had been delayed,
and was now scheduled for today, Thursday 17th. Last night, Yodel's
tracking page was still saying it was due last Monday.
Recent Yodel deliveries to me were actually delivered by Evri (ex
Hermes).
Even though Evri here is brilliant, the problem with my package was that
it took far too long to get from pickup to Depot (almost 2 days). Evri
could not have overcome that. It sounds as though it got left in the van
when it was unloaded at the depot. It is small-ish (12"x2"x2").

For completeness, it was delivered just after 1:30 pm today.
Davey.
RJH
2024-10-17 17:30:02 UTC
Post by Davey
[...]
They seem to spring out of nowhere. Mine had sat at the local depot for a week
and arrived unannounced today.
Cheers, Rob, Sheffield UK
Sam Plusnet
2024-10-17 18:43:20 UTC
Post by Davey
[...]
My experience with a few different delivery firms is that they tend to
shower me with lots & lots of emails saying "we expect to pick up a
parcel for you!" - which are not at all helpful, but when the actual
delivery fails to happen on the predicted day they go entirely silent
and tell me nothing.
(They may keep on repeating the predicted delivery tine/date well
after it has passed).
In other words, lots of touchy-feely messages which don't offer useful
information, and then gubber-all when the whole thing goes wrong.

Our house seems to be on the tail end of a delivery route and the driver
often just returns to base, with any outstanding deliveries still in the
van.
--
Sam Plusnet