Wording for pipe puzzle
Add Reply
weel...@gmail.com
2021-10-13 19:34:39 UTC
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.

Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.

https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Chris Bacon
2021-10-13 19:50:50 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Can't read it either, but it's saying you need a 9" square parged flue
or a 6" liner at least. The actual flue from the stove (?) will be 6"
single wall vitreous glazed steel.
weel...@gmail.com
I can decipher all but that one word so it is a bit of a guess for me as I have no experience of pipework so could be guessing wrongly.
Clive Arthur
2021-10-13 20:31:14 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
I would say 'MINIMUM' with the bottom of the 'U' missing. IOW, the 6"
ID is a minimum, you could use larger.

FWIW, I'm not a pipe expert and I have never knowingly parged my flue.
--
Cheers
Clive
Fredxx
2021-10-13 20:57:51 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Pargeting is the lining of a flue with mortar.
https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/chimneys

I think the rest is self-explanatory.
weel...@gmail.com
I reckon I will just go with minimum, the more I look at it it is either minimum or minimums so shouldnt make much difference...its a document I am doing for someone.
Fredxx
2021-10-13 21:15:37 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Fredxx
Post by ***@gmail.com
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Pargeting is the lining of a flue with mortar.
https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/chimneys
I think the rest is self-explanatory.
I reckon I will just go with minimum, the more I look at it it is either minimum or minimums so shouldnt make much difference...its a document I am doing for someone.
I agree. Looks like minimum to me.

A parged flue is one that has been pargeted. All flues now tend to be
stainless twin wall so it would be a little outdated.
John Rumm
2021-10-13 22:44:05 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Minimal I would guess.
--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Burns
2021-10-14 06:24:17 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Diagrams 3a and 3bn of this document are clearer, and use essentially the same
wording (though 8" rather than 6" for the flue)

<https://manualzz.com/doc/52219738/aga-coalbrookdale-little-wenlock-mk2-installation-guide>
weel...@gmail.com
2021-10-14 11:57:11 UTC
Post by Andy Burns
Post by ***@gmail.com
Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.
https://imgur.com/a/Cti34QQ
Diagrams 3a and 3bn of this document are clearer, and use essentially the same
wording (though 8" rather than 6" for the flue)
<https://manualzz.com/doc/52219738/aga-coalbrookdale-little-wenlock-mk2-installation-guide>
Thanks andy will go with mimimum.