Lidl - Parkside Table Top Circular Saw
markp1706
2006-07-14 11:31:48 UTC
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of gettin
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (
year warrenty) any feedback welcome

markp1706
The3rd Earl Of Derby
2006-07-14 16:58:31 UTC
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
If your not concerned about accuracy measurements then fine.
Tis poor alignment guides that let it down.
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
Guy King
2006-07-14 17:22:53 UTC
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
--
Skipweasel
Andy Hall
2006-07-14 18:27:33 UTC
Post by Guy King
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Perhaps you should apply for the position of marketing manager for these
offers. That way, the person doing these at the moment could return to
doing promotions on bananas, which is probably more within their ability.
Guy King
2006-07-14 20:43:43 UTC
Post by Andy Hall
Post by Guy King
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Perhaps you should apply for the position of marketing manager for these
offers.
If you mean copywriter - then yes, I'd probably be better at it than the
current incumbent.
--
Skipweasel
Andy Hall
2006-07-14 21:28:50 UTC
Post by Guy King
Post by Andy Hall
Post by Guy King
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Perhaps you should apply for the position of marketing manager for these
offers.
If you mean copywriter - then yes, I'd probably be better at it than the
current incumbent.
weeellll no. I think that the problem is more fundamental than that. It
doesn't seem that anybody who knows which way's up is in the driving seat or
for that matter anywhere in the car.

I suppose that sooner or later somebody will pick them up and they'll be
prosecuted by a TS department for incorrect descriptions.
Mark
2006-07-14 21:53:07 UTC
Post by Guy King
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
I think they mean Die-pressed casing from sheet-steel
The Aldi one is cheaper does have a ally cast table top and has a larger
blade
Fine for making bird boxes :-)

--
Now there's a look in your eyes, Like black holes in the sky
RIP Syd
Guy King
2006-07-15 08:52:00 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by Guy King
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
I think they mean Die-pressed casing from sheet-steel
I suspect they haven't a bloody clue what they mean.
--
Skipweasel
Lineshooter
2017-09-02 20:44:02 UTC
replying to Mark, Lineshooter wrote:
Is there anybody out there?

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/lidl-parkside-table-top-circular-saw-264444-.htm
Bob Minchin
2017-09-02 21:05:57 UTC
Post by Lineshooter
Is there anybody out there?
Not likely to be after 11 years?
t***@gmail.com
2017-09-03 13:12:52 UTC
Post by Lineshooter
Is there anybody out there?
No, no-one's out there any more, they all behave themselves now. Except the HOH posters anyway.

NT
newshound
2017-09-03 13:49:45 UTC
Post by Lineshooter
Is there anybody out there?
No
Owain
2006-07-14 21:52:29 UTC
Post by Guy King
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Maybe it was robust sheet steel before Lucky Charm Mfg Co Ltd turned it
into a die-cast casing.

Owain
Andy Hall
2006-07-14 22:46:18 UTC
Post by Owain
Post by Guy King
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Maybe it was robust sheet steel before Lucky Charm Mfg Co Ltd turned it
into a die-cast casing.
Owain
There probably is a Korean company of that name.

For example, the well known conglomerate, LG, actually stands for Lucky
Goldstar.
Guy King
2006-07-15 08:52:38 UTC
Post by Andy Hall
Post by Owain
Maybe it was robust sheet steel before Lucky Charm Mfg Co Ltd turned it
into a die-cast casing.
There probably is a Korean company of that name.
I've got a "Lucky Nice" PSU in my computer.
--
Skipweasel
t***@gmail.com
2015-06-22 19:13:36 UTC
Post by Guy King
Post by Andy Hall
Post by Owain
Maybe it was robust sheet steel before Lucky Charm Mfg Co Ltd turned it
into a die-cast casing.
There probably is a Korean company of that name.
I've got a "Lucky Nice" PSU in my computer.
I've got a model 500w rated at 300 watts.

NT
Weatherlawyer
2006-07-15 04:59:21 UTC
Post by Guy King
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Not that either is ideal for much more than hand tools. A solid cast
steel bed is needed for anything approaching accuracy. Not that
accurate cuts can't be made on these toys. It is neve going to vie with
a real saw though.

But at that price it isn't bad. If you want serious DIY, get an
Elu/DeWalt flip saw. If space isn't a problem though I'd get one of the
Lidl/Aldi saws.
Stuart Noble
2006-07-15 07:43:22 UTC
Post by Weatherlawyer
Post by Guy King
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of getting
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (3
year warrenty) any feedback welcome.
I'm a little bothered by it claiming..
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"
Not that either is ideal for much more than hand tools. A solid cast
steel bed is needed for anything approaching accuracy. Not that
accurate cuts can't be made on these toys. It is neve going to vie with
a real saw though.
But at that price it isn't bad. If you want serious DIY, get an
Elu/DeWalt flip saw
Not exactly portable though are they? The base on the old Elu TGS is
some kind of soft alloy, designed so that you can cut through it at max
width in chop mode. In table mode the fence is unstable. I wouldn't be
without mine, but accurate it ain't.

Lidl/Aldi saws.
Guy King
2006-07-15 08:54:42 UTC
Post by Stuart Noble
In table mode the fence is unstable. I wouldn't be
without mine, but accurate it ain't.
My Rexon table saw is susceptible to sawdust in the fence tracks. It's
fine it you keep blowing it clear and wipe the accumulated resin off the
rubbing buttons but if you're not careful it starts to slip out at one
end when dirty.
--
Skipweasel
Andy Dingley
2006-07-15 10:16:37 UTC
On 14 Jul 2006 21:59:21 -0700, "Weatherlawyer"
Post by Weatherlawyer
Not that either is ideal for much more than hand tools.
Stop trying to pretend you know the big words. Your ignorance is so
evident that you've fallen into practically the same hole as the poor
over-stretched Aldi copywriter.
Post by Weatherlawyer
A solid cast
steel bed is needed for anything approaching accuracy.
How often do you ever see something that's actually cast from steel ?

How often do you see a cabinet saw frame or table that's cast from
steel, rather than cast iron ?

I presume you're not aware that "cast steel" doesn't even mean "cast",
in general engineering usage.
Weatherlawyer
2006-07-15 11:21:17 UTC
You sad bastard. How long did you savour that litle missal?
Andy Dingley
2006-07-15 10:18:38 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:31:48 +0100, markp1706
Post by markp1706
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week
Oh run away from the thing before it has your fingers off.

What's it useful for, that it's not either going to be a sorry
disappointment for, or that you wouldn't be better off with either a
chop saw or a hand-held circular ?

Usable table saws currently start at 200 quid (Axminster or some of the
B&Q stuff). Below 100 it's just a waste of money for something that
just isn't worth owning.
Stuart Noble
2006-07-15 12:09:27 UTC
Post by markp1706
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week
Oh run away from the thing before it has your fingers off.
What's it useful for
Ripping small stuff on site. Plenty of occasions where you need the odd
strip of wood of a particular thickness. No way of doing that other than
on a portable table saw, albeit weighed down with a couple of sandbags
JK sprinter
2015-06-22 18:44:02 UTC
Post by markp1706
Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of gettin
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (
year warrenty) any feedback welcome
--
markp1706
Just bought one and is very good. Takes a while to erect - make sure the
legs with round holes near the base are put to rear with the holes facing
backwards. Didn't get enough nuts in the pack but had some in my workshop.
The threaded holes in the sides that take a bolt were not all threaded
properly so make sure they all work before you start erecting. Having
spent ages getting it bolted together it works a treat. Make sure the red
line on the adjuster knob is set at zero and you get a perfect 90 degree
cut. Checked all cuts with a set square and angle finder and all is good.
The laser really helps. Take your time and read the instructions.
3 year guarantee is excellent but KEEP RECEIPT SAFE. I just claimed on a
Lidl pump with float switch which packed up after just over 2 years and
have a new one on the way. I kept the receipt - but nothing happens
without one. All claiming was done on-line and the service was superb.
KEEP THE RECEIPT SAFE in case.
I would guess any bad reviews you may see are down to poor setting up as
the saw works just fine..

t tester
2021-09-14 17:01:14 UTC
prob thrown together in China, I have used mine 3 times say about 2 hours in total, Brushes in motor have worn out and need replacing, accuracy don't even enter the equation its got a mind of its own when it comes to cut a straight line. Made of injection moulded plastic , electric motor, thin duraluminium top, pressed Steel legs , when the whole lot is assembled it is very unstable in use. use with great care.
This is my personal opinion only given in good faith without prejudice.
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/lidl-parkside-table-top-circular-saw-264444-.htm
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
2021-09-14 17:40:14 UTC
t tester presented the following explanation :
That was posted 15 years ago - I wonder if it is still working?
Fredxx
2021-09-14 19:44:57 UTC
Post by t tester
given in good faith without prejudice.
That was posted 15 years ago - I wonder if it is still working?
I suspect the model would have been very different, and not had
"Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel".
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2021-09-15 06:34:01 UTC
He probably lost his arm after that so cannot tell you.