Stan and Ollie erect an aerial, TogetherTv Saturday 09:00 AM
Andrew
2021-09-15 15:17:38 UTC
One for William,

9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try to
erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably
hilarious consequences.

Andrew
NY
2021-09-15 15:21:31 UTC
Post by Andrew
One for William,
9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try to
erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably hilarious
consequences.
Followed by a recently discovered sequel "Stan and Ollie move a Bilsdale
aerial so it points at Emley Moor instead" ;-)
ARW
2021-09-15 19:06:20 UTC
Post by NY
Post by Andrew
One for William,
9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try to
erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably
hilarious consequences.
Followed by a recently discovered sequel "Stan and Ollie move a Bilsdale
aerial so it points at Emley Moor instead" ;-)
Both of them:-)

How long will there be two?

Adam
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2021-09-16 06:43:22 UTC
Does anyone remember the tv series Cowboys? It was about a company of
incompetent builders and decorators. I seem to recall one where a tv aerial
featured. I bet those would look dated today.
ARW
2021-09-16 19:28:55 UTC
Post by Brian Gaff (Sofa)
Does anyone remember the tv series Cowboys? It was about a company of
incompetent builders and decorators. I seem to recall one where a tv aerial
featured. I bet those would look dated today.
Brian
Yes and one of the actors played the builder on Fawlty Towers.

Adam
williamwright
2021-09-15 23:24:20 UTC
Post by Andrew
One for William,
9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try to
erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably
hilarious consequences.
Andrew
Yes, it's one of my favourites!

Bill
Ian Jackson
2021-09-16 19:02:32 UTC
Post by williamwright
Post by Andrew
One for William,
9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try
to erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably
hilarious consequences.
Andrew
Yes, it's one of my favourites!
Bill
It's interesting that they call it 'an aerial' rather than 'an antenna'.
Looking at their lips, it doesn't look like the word has been
over-dubbed for UK and other audiences.
Ian
Max Demian
2021-09-17 11:48:02 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by williamwright
Post by Andrew
One for William,
 9am. Hog Wild (1930). Stars Laurel and Hardy. Stan helps Ollie try
to  erect a radio aerial on the roof of his house, with predictably
hilarious consequences.
 Andrew
Yes, it's one of my favourites!
It's interesting that they call it 'an aerial' rather than 'an antenna'.
Looking at their lips, it doesn't look like the word has been
over-dubbed for UK and other audiences.
Well they are half English. And they made a film called "Towed in a
Hole", shown recently I think.
--
Max Demian