Beko dishwasher configuration settings - documented anywhere?
Add Reply
Chris Green
2024-06-08 08:50:58 UTC
We have a Beko dishwasher which generally works pretty well. However
I'd quite like to be able to reset it to 'factory defaults' and I
can't find out how to do it.

All my web searches produce the same (totally wrong) way of resetting
which is to disconnect the dishwasher for a long time. If that was
really the way to do it then everyone who turns things off regularly
would lose the settings.

There's a set of 'hidden' configuration settings, some of which are
documented in the user manual. These are accessed by turning the
dishwasher on and then pressing the P[rogram] button and the time
delay button simultaneously whereupon there is a three second
countdown and then one is offered settings to change as follows:-

L - Interior lamp enable, 1 = on, 0 = off
P - Undocumented, set to 2 at present
S - Undocumented, set to 2 at present
r - Water hardness, 0 to 5 (I think), currently 3
a - 'Auto Tablet', set to 1 for using tablets, 0 otherwise

I tried leaving the dishwasher unplugged overnight but all the above
settings were unchanged (the hardness and Auto Tablet settings are
definitely not the default values, I set them when we first got the
dishwasher).

Can anyone point me at somewhere that tells me what the P and S
settings are? It would also be good to know how to really reset to
factory defaults.
--
Chris Green
·
Thomas Prufer
2024-06-09 06:59:24 UTC
Post by Chris Green
[...]
Try this one: Press Start + ON simultaneously until RESET appears in the
display.
Graham.
2024-06-09 08:15:03 UTC
I'm going to make a wild guess that "P" sets the default program.
I wish my machine's settings were non-volatile like yours, even
putting mine in standby resets the default program to "factory"
which includes a prewash, which I don't normally require.

What's the Beko model number?
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Chris Green
2024-06-09 09:19:58 UTC
Post by Graham.
I'm going to make a wild guess that "P" sets the default program.
I wish my machine's settings were non-volatile like yours, even
putting mine in standby resets the default program to "factory"
which includes a prewash, which I don't normally require.
No, it's not that, P is set to 2 and the default program is 1 (Eco).
Post by Graham.
What's the Beko model number?
It's a DIN29X20 but the user interface on all Beko dishwashers for the
past few years seems pretty similar.
--
Chris Green
·
RJH
2024-06-09 09:25:32 UTC
Post by Chris Green
We have a Beko dishwasher which generally works pretty well. However
I'd quite like to be able to reset it to 'factory defaults' and I
can't find out how to do it.
Might be worth contacting their customer services - I’ve found them helpful
in the past when I had a technical query. Although irritatingly (unlike
Bosch) I had to relay my questions via customer services.
Cheers, Rob
Roger Hayter
2024-07-10 09:55:14 UTC
Post by Chris Green
[...]
The instructions for my recent Beko dishwasher are distributed across several
scraps of very thin, cheap paper and some of them are simply wrong. But I have
gleaned that S is the warning sound setting. Mine is 0 off and 1 on. The
instructions say there is a 2 setting which is louder on, but the machine does
not have it. P is rinse aid amount and can be set to 0 (none) or 1,2,3,4 which
are increasing amounts of rinse aid. Small letter r is apparently water
hardness from 0 to 5, set according to a test strip they supplied to test the
water. There are some pictogram settings for automatic door opening, tablet
use (as you say) and things called EverClean and IonGuard which I simply don't
understand but but have switched to 1 or on. I certainly did not find a
general reset procedure, and it is unclear how to save menu settings. The
instructions suggest turning the machine off after each setting. I'm not sure
if this is necessary or sufficient. Something is supposed to happen if you
turn on the machine and hold down the first programme button for several
seconds, but I am not sure what.

HTH, but I'm not convinced.
Roger Hayter
Chris Green
2024-07-10 10:53:50 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Chris Green
[...]
Yes, thanks (neither am I convinced!) :-) The whole sorry mess of
[non-]information does smack of something done by the office boy (or
girl) without any real knowledge.
--
Chris Green
·
Roger Hayter
2024-07-11 21:30:12 UTC
Post by Chris Green
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Chris Green
[...]
I was quite disappointe, as other Beko things I have bought were well
documented (but didn't need much documentation). It wasn't enormously cheap.
Live and learn. It does appear to wash dishes, though.
--
Roger Hayter