I have just received my first phishing email...
Add Reply
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
2021-01-12 16:35:10 UTC
... since moving to Plusnet, assuming it is a phishing email. I have
been with them several years and this is the first scam or phishing
email to get through since joining them.

Invoice Due:01/12/2021
4573 Amount Due: $1,500.00

Dear Customer:

Your invoice is attached. Please remit payment at your earliest
convenience.

There is a 3% credit/debit card processing fee for all transactions.
If wanting to pay by credit/debit card, please respond to this email or
call our office and we will forward a link for on-line processing.

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

808-245-3262

View & Pay Invoice
Jimmy Stewart
2021-01-12 16:45:38 UTC
Post by Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
... since moving to Plusnet, assuming it is a phishing email. I have
been with them several years and this is the first scam or phishing
email to get through since joining them.
Invoice Due:01/12/2021
4573    Amount Due: $1,500.00
Your invoice is attached. Please remit payment at your earliest
convenience.
There is a 3% credit/debit card processing fee for all transactions.
If wanting to pay by credit/debit card, please respond to this email or
call our office and we will forward a link for on-line processing.
Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.
808-245-3262
    View & Pay Invoice
did you pay it ? ...
On FT8 nobody knows you're a dog ...
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
2021-01-12 16:51:01 UTC
Post by Jimmy Stewart
did you pay it ? ...
Of course.
Bob Eager
2021-01-12 20:49:08 UTC
Post by Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
... since moving to Plusnet, assuming it is a phishing email. I have
been with them several years and this is the first scam or phishing
email to get through since joining them.
I got one of those too. I don't get very many these days.

This one originated in Morocco.
2021-01-13 08:10:50 UTC
Well of course its crap, I notice some are getting through Virgin this week
about your anti virus payment is due blah blah, when you look at the
message source you will find an almost but not quite correct web address but
the graphics look like the real address, I am told.
View & Pay Invoice
AnthonyL
2021-01-13 13:24:05 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:35:10 GMT, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
Post by Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
... since moving to Plusnet, assuming it is a phishing email. I have
been with them several years and this is the first scam or phishing
email to get through since joining them.
I'm not sure how effective it is but you can forward all such emails
to ***@phishing.gov.uk

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails

No complicated forms, no ISPs to deal with, just forward and receive
and automated acknowledgement.
--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?