Monotheism - One God
BV BV
2015-03-28 18:27:10 UTC
Monotheism - One God

The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah. When a person embraces Islam or a Muslim wants to renew or confirm his or her faith, they profess their belief that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is His final messenger. Ashadu an la ill laha il Allah wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah, Saying these words, the Testimony of Faith, is the first of five pillars or foundations of the religion of Islam. Belief in God is the first of six pillars of faith.[1]

Muslims believe that there is only One God. He alone is the Sustainer and Creator of the universe. He is without partners, children, or associates. He is the Most Merciful, the Most Wise, and the Most Just. He is the all hearer, all seer, and the all knowing. He is the First , He is the Last.

"Say (O Muhammad), He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him." (Quran 112)

"He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All-Knower of everything. Such is Allah, your Lord! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone), and He is the Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, over all things. No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle and Courteous, Well- Acquainted with all things." (Quran 6:101-103)

This belief is sometimes called Monotheism which is derived from the Greek words 'monos' meaning only and 'theos' meaning god. It is a relatively new word in the English language and it is used to denote a supreme being Who is all-powerful, the One who is responsible for life, the One who rewards or punishes. Monotheism is directly opposed to Polytheism, which is belief in more than one god, and to Atheism, a disbelief in all deities.

If we were to take into consideration the general meaning of the word 'monotheism' Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Zoroastrianism, and some Hindu philosophies could all be included. However it is, more commonplace to refer to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam as the three monotheistic religions and group them together; nonetheless, there are glaring differences between Christianity and Islam.

The concept of a trinity inherent in most Christian denominations ostensibly includes aspects of plurality. The belief that one God is some how three divinities (father, son, and holy spirit) contradicts the concept of Monotheism inherent in Islam, where the Oneness of God is unquestionable. Some Christian groups, including those known as Unitarians believe that God is One and cannot be God and human at the same time. They take the words of Jesus in John 17:3, "the One True God" literally. However, the vast majority of Christians do not share this belief.

In the religion of Islam belief in One God, without partners or associates is essential. It is the focal point of the religion and it is the essence of the Quran. The Quran calls on humankind to worship God alone and to give up worshipping false gods or associates. The Quran urges us to look at the wonders of creation and understand God's greatness and power, and it speaks directly of His names, attributes, and actions. The Quran commands us to reject anything that is worshipped instead of, or along with God.

"And I (God) created not the jinns and humankind except they should worship Me (Alone)." (Quran 51:56)

Islam is often referred to as pure monotheism. It is not adulterated with strange concepts or superstitions. Belief in One God entails certainty. Muslims worship God alone, He has no partners, associates, or helpers. Worship is directed solely to God, for He is the only One worthy of worship. There is nothing greater than God Alone.

"Praise and thanks be to God, and peace be on His slaves whom He has chosen (for His Message)! Is God better, or (all) that you ascribe as partners (to Him)?" (Of course, God is Better)

Is not He (better than your gods) Who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for you water (rain) from the sky, whereby We cause to grow wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight? It is not in your ability to cause the growth of their trees. Is there any god with God? Nay, but they are a people who ascribe equals (to Him)!

Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water).Is there any god with God? Nay, but most of them know not.

Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations. Is there any god with God? Little is that you remember!

Is not He (better than your gods) Who guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain)? Is there any god with God? High Exalted be God above all that they associate as partners (to Him)!

Is not He (better than your so-called gods) Who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and Who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any god with God? Say, "Bring forth your proofs, if you are truthful." (Quran 27:59-64)

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3298/
Fredxxx
2015-03-28 19:33:51 UTC
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
This leads to a a simple question with an equally simple answer!

Is hell exothermic or endothermic?

This is what I wrote in my theology class for which I got an A+.

"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some
mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what
rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I
think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's
look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of
these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion,
then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these
religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can
project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates
as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase
exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law
states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay
the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay
constant. Two options exist:

If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which
souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will
increase until all hell breaks loose.
If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls
in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes
over.

So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan
during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I
sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT
succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be
true...Thus, hell is exothermic."
Nightjar .me.uk>
2015-03-28 19:45:41 UTC
Post by Fredxxx
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
This leads to a a simple question with an equally simple answer!
Is hell exothermic or endothermic?
This is what I wrote in my theology class for which I got an A+.
"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some
mass....
You are Duncan MacDougall and I claim my five pounds.
Colin Bignell
Brian Gaff
Phil L
2015-03-28 20:18:46 UTC
"BV BV" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9324d686-1b2f-46ed-afdf-***@googlegroups.com...
Monotheism - One God
You're wasting your fucking time mate, they're all heathens around here.
Capitol
2015-03-28 21:30:59 UTC
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
Well, he got it half right, "there is no god"!
harryagain
2015-03-29 07:22:00 UTC
"BV BV" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9324d686-1b2f-46ed-afdf-***@googlegroups.com...
Monotheism - One God

The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god
worthy of worship but Allah. When a person embraces Islam or a Muslim wants
to renew or confirm his or her faith, they profess their belief that there
is no god worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is His final
messenger. Ashadu an la ill laha il Allah wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan
Rasulullah, Saying these words, the Testimony of Faith, is the first of
five pillars or foundations of the religion of Islam. Belief in God is the
first of six pillars of faith.[1]

Why don't you fuck off with your lies.
We see the muslim world for ourselves on TV every day.
Wars, rape, destruction, jihadists, FGM, Acid attacks, mysogeny,
paedophilia.

An evil and wicked cult.
Rod Speed
2015-03-29 09:09:11 UTC
Post by harryagain
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god
worthy of worship but Allah. When a person embraces Islam or a Muslim
wants to renew or confirm his or her faith, they profess their belief
that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is His
final messenger. Ashadu an la ill laha il Allah wa Ashadu anna
Muhammadan Rasulullah, Saying these words, the Testimony of Faith, is
the first of five pillars or foundations of the religion of Islam.
Belief in God is the first of six pillars of faith.[1]
Why don't you fuck off with your lies.
Likely for the same reason you don’t.
Post by harryagain
We see the muslim world for ourselves on TV every day.
Pity there is a bit more to the muslim world than that.
Post by harryagain
Wars, rape, destruction, jihadists, FGM, Acid attacks, mysogeny,
paedophilia.
Corse there is ever anything like that with you roman catholics, eh ?
Post by harryagain
An evil and wicked cult.
Corse there is ever anything like that with you xtains, eh ?
m***@care2.com
2015-03-29 10:55:34 UTC
Its based on inadequate critical thinking skills
Windmill
2015-04-01 20:33:25 UTC
Post by m***@care2.com
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah.
Its based on inadequate critical thinking skills
According to Arthur Clarke, all these different religions 'can't all be
right, but they can all be wrong'.
--
Windmill, ***@NoneHome.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
whisky-dave
2015-04-07 12:40:38 UTC
Post by m***@care2.com
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah.
Its based on inadequate critical thinking skills
or not knowing where the Full Stop should be, just after the d in god.

The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god.
Syd Rumpo
2015-04-07 12:45:12 UTC
Post by m***@care2.com
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah.
Its based on inadequate critical thinking skills
Surely the creation of a god is the ultimate DIY achievement?

Cheers
Syd
Dave Plowman (News)
2015-04-07 13:34:24 UTC
Post by Syd Rumpo
Surely the creation of a god is the ultimate DIY achievement?
Of course. You need someone to blame when you get it wrong.
--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
whisky-dave
2015-04-07 14:35:18 UTC
So that's why women were invented now I understand ;-)
Adrian
2015-04-07 15:49:30 UTC
Isn't that what B&Q's for?
Capitol
2015-04-07 16:11:32 UTC
Post by Adrian
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Syd Rumpo
Surely the creation of a god is the ultimate DIY achievement?
Of course. You need someone to blame when you get it wrong.
Isn't that what B&Q's for?
So that's why they're closing branches!

Paul Herber
2015-04-07 14:38:50 UTC
Post by Syd Rumpo
Post by m***@care2.com
Post by BV BV
Monotheism - One God
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah.
Its based on inadequate critical thinking skills
Surely the creation of a god is the ultimate DIY achievement?
The God Makers - Frank Herbert
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/