OT Phone stuck in constant loading of "NHS Covid -19" app
Add Reply
ARW
2021-01-13 19:08:55 UTC

2021-01-13 19:09:59 UTC
2021-01-13 19:10:43 UTC
2021-01-13 19:15:43 UTC

2021-01-13 19:20:54 UTC
2021-01-13 19:40:30 UTC
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
Same on my phone (Android 7)
Oops... Android 8.1
This problem?
https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/13/nhs_covid_19_notification/
That's the puppy.
My puppy started an hour after a 999 call.

And the last question I was asked by the operator was "have you tested
positive for covid in the last 14 days or are you self isolating?"

That's when I put the phone down on them.
Adam
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2021-01-14 20:37:31 UTC
On the apple It started to just say blank notifications but they seem to
have gone away now. Brian
Post by Scion
Post by Ian
That's the puppy.
Rod Speed
2021-01-14 21:11:46 UTC
Post by Brian Gaff (Sofa)
On the apple It started to just say blank notifications
but they seem to have gone away now.
I've been getting blank screens a bit with the latest iOS
with some apps. A full restart of the phone fixes that.
Post by Brian Gaff (Sofa)
Post by Scion
Post by Ian
That's the puppy.
Peeler
2021-01-14 21:15:27 UTC
<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>
cretin's pathological trolling:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2021-01-14 20:32:22 UTC
It is only Androids from last year or so that have the trace routines
developed by Google and Apple for interoperability. I think that on normal
Android phones you just get the download rejected and told to install a
newer version.
Post by Scion
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
Same on my phone (Android 7)
Andy Burns
2021-01-14 20:45:46 UTC
It is only Androids from last year or so that have the trace routines
Android version 6.0 (october 2015) and newer are supported, the device
also needs bluetooth low energy.
newshound
2021-01-13 19:14:54 UTC
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
I think it did that to me too.

Power off.
Try again.
Give up.
GB
2021-01-14 10:35:54 UTC
Post by newshound
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
I think it did that to me too.
Power off.
Try again.
Give up.
Same here. Android 10.
Scion
2021-01-14 11:49:40 UTC
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
Seems OK today.
ARW
2021-01-15 17:47:08 UTC
Post by Scion
Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
Seems OK today.
So is mine.

But just before it happened I had noticed putting the phone on charge
tried to active the app.
Adam
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2021-01-14 20:30:21 UTC
Ah, Samsung use an overlay to Android, you may need to see if you can go to
native android to stop it. I'm sure I heard this sort of thing with other
apps but it might be because the version of the operating system is too old
and the app cannot detect that till its partly loaded due to the overlay.

Post by ARW
Any ideas.
Samsung S6 if that helps.
--