Hotpoint SDD910 dishwasher - bottom seal ?
Add Reply
Jethro_uk
2022-01-07 08:22:59 UTC
Somehow it's started coming away from it's fixing and leaking.

A cursory look suggests it's crimped in ????

Anyone know how to change one - a similarly cursory google shows clips of
people changing the (easier ...) side seals.

TIA.
Paul
2022-01-10 10:54:19 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Somehow it's started coming away from it's fixing and leaking.
A cursory look suggests it's crimped in ????
Anyone know how to change one - a similarly cursory google shows clips
of people changing the (easier ...) side seals.
TIA.
OK
So fully dissembled the door.
The seal *is* crimped in. And a cursory search for "SDD910 bottom door
seal" does return any results. I will try and speak to a human tomorrow.
Careful investigation suggests that the reason for the original failure
was because the bottom sliding tray wheel was starting to catch the seal
as you pulled it out.
So the underlying question there is why ? All the wheels are OK.
Then you need a replacement "inner door panel".

There is what appears to be a gasket strip (just a piece of rubber)
for the other sides of the door, but the bottom thing seems to be
part of a panel assembly.

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/hotpoint/dishwashers/sdd910x/inner-door-panel-stainless-steel/387683.htm

Paul
Jethro_uk
2022-01-10 11:08:56 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by Jethro_uk
Somehow it's started coming away from it's fixing and leaking.
A cursory look suggests it's crimped in ????
Anyone know how to change one - a similarly cursory google shows clips
of people changing the (easier ...) side seals.
TIA.
OK
So fully dissembled the door.
The seal *is* crimped in. And a cursory search for "SDD910 bottom door
seal" does return any results. I will try and speak to a human tomorrow.
Careful investigation suggests that the reason for the original failure
was because the bottom sliding tray wheel was starting to catch the
seal as you pulled it out.
So the underlying question there is why ? All the wheels are OK.
Then you need a replacement "inner door panel".
Ah - looks more like it
Post by Paul
There is what appears to be a gasket strip (just a piece of rubber)
for the other sides of the door, but the bottom thing seems to be part
of a panel assembly.
https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/hotpoint/dishwashers/
sdd910x/inner-door-panel-stainless-steel/387683.htm

So for the sake of a £5 rubber seal, I need to spend £45 on a piece of
machined metal plus said seal.

Pretty much explains my cynicism at all this greenie bollocks in a single
post.

Many thanks for the steer. They can shove that up their arse for now.