Poor man's teeth water flosser?
Add Reply
Ottavio Caruso
2024-06-08 13:47:20 UTC
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.

Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
Ottavio Caruso
AnthonyL
2024-06-09 11:39:30 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jun 2024 14:47:20 +0100, Ottavio Caruso
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
Just fill your mouth with water and swish it around, before you brush
your teeth. I've had two Waterpiks, one being a warranty replacement
for the first. I can't be bothered to send the second one back,
disappointing waste of space.
--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
N_Cook
2024-06-09 13:10:55 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
Just fill your mouth with water and swish it around, before you brush
your teeth. I've had two Waterpiks, one being a warranty replacement
for the first. I can't be bothered to send the second one back,
disappointing waste of space.
Even poorer man's false teeth.
When you are familiar with handling hot-melt glue, particuarly the way
on cooling it retains a certain amount of plasticity when down to just
above room temperature, or monitor with IR thermometer. Mix some small
bits of kids wax crayon , white, yellow , salmon etc into some
translucent gluestick to match your own teeth colour melted and mixed
with old low temperature soldering iron.
Remelt and lay in some thin silicone rubber sheet and when down to near
room temperature squash into the tooth gap.
Don't do this if the gap is tapered in the wrong way, ie impossible to
slide out. Fettle and tidy up the resulting partial or group of teeth,
allowing some overhang to lock with the exiting tooth edges.
May require chewing gum to hold in place, often not required.
--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
<http://diverse.4mg.com/slr.htm>
Andy Bennett
2024-06-09 14:06:12 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
I use one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangsun-Cordless-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Portable/dp/B07VQRDGXV

Cheap as chips. Had mine in twice daily use for nearly 2 years now no
problems. Really powerful squirt will have your eye out if not careful!
AnthonyL
2024-06-10 20:23:20 UTC
Post by Andy Bennett
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
I use one of these:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangsun-Cordless-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Portable/dp/B07VQRDGXV
Cheap as chips. Had mine in twice daily use for nearly 2 years now no
problems. Really powerful squirt will have your eye out if not careful!
Are the batteries readily replaceable? The Waterpik can be if you can
get around to disassembling it and re-solder the pathetic batteries it
comes with.

alan_m
2024-06-11 06:52:01 UTC
Post by AnthonyL
Post by Andy Bennett
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
I use one of these:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangsun-Cordless-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Portable/dp/B07VQRDGXV
Cheap as chips. Had mine in twice daily use for nearly 2 years now no
problems. Really powerful squirt will have your eye out if not careful!
Are the batteries readily replaceable? The Waterpik can be if you can
get around to disassembling it and re-solder the pathetic batteries it
comes with.
I had a mains power Waterpik and that was quite good. When it expired I
purchased the battery version which IMO is far inferior with regards the
strength of the water jet and it's effectiveness.
AnthonyL
2024-06-11 18:09:40 UTC
Post by alan_m
Post by AnthonyL
Post by Andy Bennett
Post by Ottavio Caruso
[...]
I'll look out for one. Not only was the Waterpik useful for teeth it
also was useful for cleaning out small crevices or the heads of
electric toothbrushes.

Sam Plusnet
2024-06-12 19:10:57 UTC
Post by AnthonyL
Post by alan_m
Post by AnthonyL
Post by Andy Bennett
Post by Ottavio Caruso
[...]
I've used one to clean a number of things. It was jolly useful the last
time I dismantled the bathroom extractor fan, it was filled with the
usual crud.
Sam Plusnet
Andy Bennett
2024-06-11 07:40:45 UTC
Post by AnthonyL
Post by Andy Bennett
Post by Ottavio Caruso
I can't remember if I saw this in UK or abroad, but they were all the
rage in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Basically like a Waterpik but it comes with a flexible pipe that you
plug straight into the sink tap and then the water flow activates the
floss rather than an engine.
Does anything like that exist? Too primitive and cheap to be true?
I use one of these:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangsun-Cordless-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Portable/dp/B07VQRDGXV
Cheap as chips. Had mine in twice daily use for nearly 2 years now no
problems. Really powerful squirt will have your eye out if not careful!
Are the batteries readily replaceable? The Waterpik can be if you can
get around to disassembling it and re-solder the pathetic batteries it
comes with.
No idea, for £20 and over 2 years use I'd just buy another one. The
other components are probably in a non optimal condition anyway.