LBC adverts
Add Reply
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-09 08:10:14 UTC
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always turn
them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for Vodafone
broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive to have so
many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley people will
eventualy get pissed off and their product is the last thing they would
buy ... ?
Rod Speed
2022-01-09 08:31:01 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....
I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time, boy.
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I hate adverts and always turn them down
Me too.
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for Vodafone
broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive to
have so many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley
people will eventualy get pissed off and their product is the
last thing they would buy ... ?
Dunno, few appear to operate like that, which is
presumably why the advertisers keep doing that;
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2022-01-09 08:51:16 UTC
One think about Vodafone that annoys me is that it keeps on sending me
offers and questionnaires by text, so I send a text telling them to
unsubscribe to the number they give me, Then when the contract flips over,
it all comes back again.
Now I just delete them, since quite obviously they want to send junk texts.
I am amused as I've yet to figure out how to do their surveys via text,
which often occupy half a dozen texts. Brian
Peeler
2022-01-09 09:09:51 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:31:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

David Plowman about senile Rodent Speed's trolling:
"Wodney is doing a lot of morphing these days. Must be even more desperate
than usual for attention."
MID: <***@davenoise.co.uk>
williamwright
2022-01-09 14:35:10 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always turn
them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for Vodafone
broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive to have so
many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley people will
eventualy get pissed off and their product is the last thing they would
buy ... ?
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...

Bill
Tim Lamb
2022-01-09 14:56:17 UTC
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always
turn them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for
Vodafone broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive
to have so many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley
people will eventualy get pissed off and their product is the last
thing they would buy ... ?
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet
her knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
The accelerated gabble of the *special conditions* following the
carefully enunciated advert annoys me.
Tim Lamb
Ian Jackson
2022-01-10 08:37:15 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always
turn them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for
Vodafone broadband to the next level....surely it is
counterproducive to have so many adverts all with some squeaky wee
bird ... shirley people will eventualy get pissed off and their
product is the last thing they would buy ... ?
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet
her knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
The accelerated gabble of the *special conditions* following the
carefully enunciated advert annoys me.
I always liked the one with the guy who sounded just like David Beckham.
[Can't remember what it was about.] At the end of the spiel there was
the usual high-speed gabble of "Blah blah blah, terms and conditions
apply" - but then the guy snaps back with "No they don't!".

I suspect that a lot of LBC's adverts are produced by the same agency.
You often the same voices, and scripts with the same slangly English and
the same grammatical mistakes.
Ian
Mark Carver
2022-01-10 08:52:25 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
The same ads appear on other stations. Remember there are only two
companies that own the vast bulk of national and 'local' stations now.
Global (LBC, Capital, Heart, Smooth) and Bauer (Absolute, Planet Rock,
Scala, Jazz, Greatest Hits) . So it's only a two-shop-stop now for
advertisers.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-10 09:06:44 UTC
Post by Mark Carver
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
that is why I usually only listen to the BBC and advert free internet
radio stations...
The roads must roll ...
charles
2022-01-10 09:34:30 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Mark Carver
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
and which is why the BBC was set up - 100 years ago.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-10 09:43:06 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Mark Carver
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your intelligence...all
of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
The roads must roll ...
Max Demian
2022-01-10 11:12:10 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Mark Carver
The same ads appear on other stations. Remember there are only two
companies that own the vast bulk of national and 'local' stations now.
Global (LBC, Capital, Heart, Smooth) and Bauer (Absolute, Planet Rock,
Scala, Jazz, Greatest Hits) . So it's only a two-shop-stop now for
advertisers.
that is why I usually only listen to the BBC and advert free internet
radio stations...
and which is why the BBC was set up - 100 years ago.
Remarkable foreknowledge.
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your intelligence...all
of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
#"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
Max Demian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-10 12:06:27 UTC
Post by Max Demian
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your
intelligence...all of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
#"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
'a Mars a day helps you work rest and play'
The roads must roll ...
Ian Jackson
2022-01-10 15:57:01 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Max Demian
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your
intelligence...all of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
#"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
'a Mars a day helps you work rest and play'
'The Esso Blee dooler'
and
'For complete satisfaction, Newcastle Brown Ale' (to the tune of Cushy
Butterfield).
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-10 16:22:57 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your
intelligence...all of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
 #"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
'a Mars a day helps you work rest and play'
'The Esso Blee dooler'
and
'For complete satisfaction, Newcastle Brown Ale' (to the tune of Cushy
Butterfield).
The milky bar kid is tuff and strong...the Milky bar kid can do no wrong
The roads must roll ...
Andrew
Go to work on an egg
charles
2022-01-10 21:55:23 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Max Demian
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your
intelligence...all of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
#"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
'a Mars a day helps you work rest and play'
Go to work on an egg
Guiness is good for you
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-11 08:36:44 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Andrew
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Max Demian
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by charles
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
and long may it last... adverts are an insult to your
intelligence...all of them...except don't forget the fruit gums mum
#"A finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat."#
'a Mars a day helps you work rest and play'
Go to work on an egg
Guiness is good for you
try a taste of Matini the most beautiful drink in the world...it's the
bright one the right one that's Martini .......la la la
The roads must roll ...
Jim GM4DHJ ...
The roads must roll ...
Mike Halmarack
2022-01-10 10:35:18 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 14:35:10 +0000, williamwright
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always turn
them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for Vodafone
broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive to have so
many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley people will
eventualy get pissed off and their product is the last thing they would
buy ... ?
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
Bill
As a self stimulation aid?
Mike
williamwright
2022-01-10 20:03:40 UTC
Post by Mike Halmarack
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
Bill
As a self stimulation aid?
Nah! These days I'd rather have a good dinner.

Bill
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-11 08:38:03 UTC
Post by williamwright
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
I for my sins listen to LBC at times.....I hate adverts and always
turn them down but Vodafone have taken their number of averts for
Vodafone broadband to the next level....surely it is counterproducive
to have so many adverts all with some squeaky wee bird ... shirley
people will eventualy get pissed off and their product is the last
thing they would buy ... ?
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
Bill
feck heard the wee bitch on the TV last night flogging vodaphone
cellphone....arrrggggggg
The roads must roll ...
Scribbles
2022-01-11 11:45:58 UTC
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
Google is (occasionally) your friend:

https://www.meetthejoneses.co.uk/person/sophia-brown/

HTH
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-01-12 08:04:45 UTC
Post by Scribbles
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
https://www.meetthejoneses.co.uk/person/sophia-brown/
HTH
oh god another one...
The roads must roll ...
Jim GM4DHJ ...
The roads must roll ...
Fredxx
2022-01-12 13:33:03 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Scribbles
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
https://www.meetthejoneses.co.uk/person/sophia-brown/
HTH
oh god another one...
how woke
You mean choosing voice over skin colour. That must be tough for you to
accept.
JNugent
2022-01-13 17:42:47 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Scribbles
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going to wet her
knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks like...
https://www.meetthejoneses.co.uk/person/sophia-brown/
HTH
oh god another one...
how woke
You mean choosing voice over skin colour. That must be tough for you to
accept.
Years ago (1970s?), there was a USA animated series: "Wait Till Your
Father Gets Home" (essentially a suburban sit-com).

The next door neighbour was a dead ringer for Richard Nixon and against
all ethnic minorities moving onto the block. When radio was once
mentioned, he said he never listened to it and only watched TV. This was
so he could see whose performance he was enjoying.

Pamela
2022-01-12 14:05:33 UTC
Post by Scribbles
Post by williamwright
That lass sounds so excited it makes me wonder if she's going
to wet her knickers. I wonder who she is and what she looks
like...
https://www.meetthejoneses.co.uk/person/sophia-brown/
HTH
Interesting link. Thanks for posting it.